Fun Things To Do In Utah
Family Fun Summer Activities in Utah
EDGEhomes is ready to kick off summer with some of our favorite Utah activities. From hiking in world-renowned canyons to watching your favorite movies under the stars, Utah offers a never-ending list of family-friendly activities to fill up each of those long, summer days. Each of our communities are located in some of the best real estate Utah has to offer. Luckily, Utah also offers great summer activities to get your family out, enjoying everything Utah locals love.
Whether you’re looking for fun things to do in Utah, get your adrenaline pumping during a day at Farmington’s most popular amusement park, or discover new music in Pioneer Park, each of EDGEhome’s favorite activities are sure to keep you and your kids smiling ear-to-ear all summer long. No matter your location, budget, or timetable, one of our favorites is sure to fit your bucket list.
So, take a look, grab your kids, and take advantage of everything that the ‘Beehive State’ has to offer.
- Provo Balloon Festival – Running from July 2-4, Provo’s Freedom Festival features the Balloon Festival where family and friends can witness the over-powering feeling of seeing 25 hot air balloons up close. Did we mention it’s free?
- Lagoon Amusement Park in Farmington – Originally called Lake Park, Lagoon is a favorite among locals. Offering open-air dancing, water sports, rides, and attractions, Lagoon has everything you need to fill your day with fun.
- Seven Peaks Water Park in Salt Lake City and Provo – Splash into summer fun at Seven Peaks Waterpark and Resort. Featuring water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, and more, Seven Peaks has an array of water rides that’ll keep your kids going all day long.
- Rodeos – Utah rodeos are some of the best in the country. Watch cowboys and cowgirls get down in the dirt riding bulls, horses, sheep, and everything in between at one of the many rodeos offered around the state.
- 4th of July Fireworks – No matter what you do on July 4th, you better be catching some of Utah’s best firework displays. Located all over the state, many cities put on their own firework show where you can enjoy the display cost-free.
- The Park City and Snowbird Alpine Slide – Whether you want to alpine slide in Park City or up Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah has you covered. The Park City Alpine Slide is one of the longest slides in the world, with over 3,000 feet of luge-like track. The Snowbird Slide is located on their Chickadee Run with many twists, turns, and tunnels to go through.
- Strawberry Days – The Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days is the longest running celebration in Utah. Running from July 16-24, it includes a parade, carnival, and multiple contests.
- Hiking – Enjoy the Utah outdoors during one of Utah’s many hiking adventures. From hiking to the top of Mt. Timpanogos or visiting Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah is sure to have everything you need.
- Camping – If there is anything Utah locals know it’s that Utah offers some of the best places to camp. From Moab to Spanish Fork Canyon, camping is what Utah was made for.
- Sheepdog Competition – Utah also offers more quirky activities including the Soldier Hollow Sheepdog Championship & Festival. The festival also includes great food, high flying splash dogs, exotic animal shows, and more.
- SLC Farmers Market – Get some of the best grub and fresh produce in town at the Downton Farmers Market in Salt Lake City. Running every Saturday from June to October, from 8 am – 2 pm, the Farmers market is a place that can’t be beat.
- Utah State Fair – The Utah State Fair has been a Utah tradition since 1856. Located in the heart of Utah, this fair includes anything and everything you’d need to make your fair experience fun.
- Swiss Days in Midway – The Swiss Days Festival in Midway is your place to find handmade, specialty items, antiques, art, and experience Swiss traditions. Over 80,000 to 100,000 people attend the festival and you’ll want to be one of them.
- Splash Pads – Located all over the state, splash pads are a great way to escape the summer heat without any of the extra cost.
- Boating & Fishing in Utah Reservoirs – Utah is jam-packed with reservoirs and lakes that you can typically boat and/or fish in. Take your family out for a day on the water this summer on one of the many Utah lakes.
- Jordanelle’s AQUA x ZONE Water Park – Speaking of lakes, Jordanelle State Park offers a unique water experience at their AQUA x ZONE Water Park. Filled with inflatable water sports, this water park is designed to allow 65 people to run, swing, swim, and enjoy at one time.
- 5k’s, Half and Full Marathons, & Triathlons – All over the state, runners, outdoor enthusiasts, and everyone in between, meet to compete and enjoy 5k’s, half and full marathons, and triathlons. Get up and get moving with some of the best the state has to offer.
- Shaved Ice – Grab one of the local’s favorite summer treats during a hot afternoon at one of the many shaved ice locations.
- Antelope Island – Located in Syracuse, this little island features some of the best views and wildlife found in the state. Spend a night camping along the shore of the Salt Lake or take a day trip to see the fastest deer in North America (that can even outrun a cheetah).
- Draper Days – Each year the city of Draper throws a week-long celebration called Draper Days. The festival includes a rodeo, parade, concerts, fireworks, vendors, food, rides, and more.
- Steel Days in American Fork – The community of American Fork gather every year to celebrate Steel Days. Running from July 13-21 this year, the festival has been around for over 100 years.
- Provo Food Truck Roundup – Every Thursday at the Startup Building in Provo, Food Trucks gather for crowds of people to enjoy their great food, music, and the people.
- Movies in the Park – What’s better than an outdoor movie under the stars in the park? Luckily, Utah offers an array of movie-watching options that include parks in Centerville, Draper, Herriman, Kaysville, and more.
- Midway Hot Springs – The Homestead Crater in Midway is one of the most unique activities Utah has to offer. Swim in a natural geothermal spring, hidden inside a limestone rock.
- Twilight Concert Series – Each summer Salt Lake City puts on a series of concerts known as the Twilight Concert Series. Check out the lineup and grab your friends to enjoy good music under the summer sun.
- Ogden Twilight Concert Series – Ogden quickly jumped on the concert series train and now offers their own concert series known as the Ogden Twilight. Luckily, each concert series features some of the coolest artists on the charts.
- Sundance Zip Line – Sundance Resort offers a ZipTour on their ZipRider where you can zip line all across the resort. Experience Utah at its finest with this high-up adventure.
- Rock Climbing – Utah is home to some of the best rock climbing routes in North America. Whether you’re a beginner or more advanced, Utah has it all.
- Mona Rope Swing – The Mona Rope Swing is another Utah gem located 45 minutes outside of Provo, Utah. Get over 15-25 feet of air on one of two different rope swing options. It’s an exciting way to spend a summer afternoon.